RE: [TCLUG:13514] Apache-PHP-MySQL

> 	What I'd like to know, before I search too hard, from someone who is
> "in the know": Can PHP->MySQL connectivity be made to work using the rpm
> versions of Apache and PHP3, or would one be better off grabbing the
> source.

  You need to compile MySQL support into PHP, and IIRC, the RPM doesn't come
with that.

> 	In the event I must dump the rpms, I have the source for
> Apache 1.3.11
> and PHP 3.0.14 downloaded. Any hazards I should be aware of?

If you haven't already installed MySQL from source, do that too.  It saved
me a lot of headaches.  I don't think you'll need the MySQL source to
compile PHP, though, the way you do the Apache stuff.

While you're at it, you might want to load mod_perl if you're interested in
making existing CGI scripts run faster & better.

--
Eric Hillman
UNIX Sysadmin