Red har crash

I had just installed a new mother board on my syste, and tried to get
red hat 6.0 to run...it ran the first few times...but crashed...now I
get a fsck message..also cannot run xwindows....seems it lost the
paths....it says must run FSCK manually...I tried that and could not get
it to run..seems it cannot automatically find it....how can I get it to
repair red hat..its on a second hard drive..win 98 is on the first...I
use system commander to load it.....will allow me to install over the
old red hat without loosing the previous settings...is it possible to
designate a second drive on the install.....I tried reinstalling it but
it over wrote my win 98 mbr....

Thanks