Re: [TCLUG:13558] Red har crash

you forgot a TON of information.  and don't seem to know linux very well.

when the system crashed, what messages did you recive.
to properly diagnose a crash, we need to know specificaly what hardware
you have.  here's my point.  linux is a very stable system, and doesn't
just "crash".  99% of the time, it will spew error messages.  that is a
software bug.  the other posibility is that you have a hardware
problem.  sometimes hardware problems show up in linux when they do not
show up in windows, and sometimes hardware problems show up in windows
when they do not show up in linux.  this is why i ask for the specifics to
your system.

also, order a redhat 6.1 disk from cheapbytes.  www.cheapbytes.com.  it
does not help to have an older distribution.

Thank You,
        Ben Kochie (ben@nerp.net)