Re: [TCLUG:13585] Oracle On Linux (Off Topic?)

Jonathan Kline wrote:

> Ok here's the deal, I finally got oracle downloaded and unzip into
> /usr/local/software/oracle-8.5.1  which is the home dir for user oracle
> and group dba...  I tried to follow the howto but it was incomplete and
> not for Oracle-8.1.5.... also I've heard that the installer is messed up?
> Does anyone know what the next step is to getting oracle up and running?

1.) Make sure you have the most current GNOME/E (if that is what you are
running, otherwise just ignore the statement).  There was a bug with the
current GNOME/E when 8.1.5 for Linux was released.
2.) Make sure you run the installer under jre 1.1.6v3 (can get it from
the Blackdown Group).  Anything else is hit and miss.
3.) Go into the install directory and ./runInstaller.sh as opposed from
the base directory
4.) Hopefully the Oracle Installer is now up and running :-)

--
Perry Hoekstra
Talent Software Services

A person who smiles in the face of adversity... probably has a scapegoat