Re: [TCLUG:13588] Oracle

> I shouldn't complain because I don't know about it, but .....is there a
> security risk with MySQL?  ....With PHP?

Yes and no.

MySQL is used in other UMN departments (I work for one).  Generally if its
on a non-userlogin server and non-userfileposing server (ie, users can
play with cgi-bin) its ok.  If its all trusted users/workers posting stuff
to the box there is generally no worries.

PHP can be setup to be supersecure with its 'safe' modes.  It can be ran
as cgi-bin or as an apache module.  I dont know of anyone who uses PHP
(yet).  I use PHP on my own box and have had no issues, however.

--
Scott Dier <dieman@ringworld.org> #nicnac@efnet 612.301.0265
      destiny's admin       | Robots are most often found in server rooms,