Re: [TCLUG:13455] Backup solution

        sorry about the slow reply. it's been very busy around here for the
past week or so.

>Awhile ago on TC-LUG you mentioned using Seagate's AIT tape drive.  I
>can't seem to find it on their site, only the DDS-3 and DDS-4 drives.
>Can you tell me where I can find information on these things?
        the drives are actually made by Sony. you might try their website.
        check the usual places you buy your hardware from; they should be
able to give you the info.

>You said
>their about $2200 (internal) and I think you said the media is about $75
>ea.  Do you know the maximum capacity?
        AIT-1 is a 25/50GB drive; I think AIT-2 is coming out now/soon,
which is 35/70GB (or maybe it's 50/100GB).

from everything I've heard, they beat the crap out of DLT. (at the same cost).

Carl Soderstrom
System Administrator    307 Brighton Ave.
Minnesota DHIA	        Buffalo, MN
carls@agritech.com      (612) 682-1091