Re: [TCLUG:13602] Linux Games at Con of the North Game Convention

Quoting Yaron (jethro@yaron.org):
>   Hi,
>
> On Tue, 15 Feb 2000, Bob Tanner wrote:
>
> > This year we will be showing crossfire, a multi-user gauntlet/rogue/nethack
> > like game. Stop on by and see what cool games are out for linux.
>
> I know you're a huge crossfire fan, but are you avoiding Q3A and CivCTP
> and other games that are also available off Linux?
>
> I've been a Strictly Unix user for ages, and I have to admit that the
> first really, REALLY good-looking app I ever saw under Linux was
> CivCTP. Looks great, works smoooothly, etc.

Absolutely not. We are just showing crossfire this year. It's very popular
game and easy to learn.

But I will be bringing, Civ, and Myth as well. We have talked about doing
netrek, but the nuances of the game are more then most people are willing to
learn.

I also like Crossfire because it's developed in the open source model, which
shows a good game can be developed via open source.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>       | Phone : (612)943-8700