Re: [TCLUG:13602] Myth II for Linux

>	They have a nasty habit of doing that to anybody who isn't a
>Windows/PC person.  A Mac person related a story of beng threatened with
>having security called if he didn't leave the store when he asked for
>Mac stuff.  He first let his wife ask, and they patronized her something
>fierce.
        they *do* have Mac stuff there, tho...
        I even saw a copy of BeOS for sale at BB once. :)

        I've actually had good luck with BB, myself. I once got a HDD for
$20 under list price, because they had mis-price-tagged it. :) (they
willingly sold it to me at the price it was tagged at... then immediately
removed all the others from the shelf). :)
        last time I bought something there, it was an APC-500 UPS. i got one
that was "open box" ($20 off); checked inside, and found that there wasn't a
serial cable in the box (which there should have been). so I complained to
the computer dept; ended up talking about clustering technology to a SCO
UNIX geek who was working there, and he gave me an additional $20 off the
UPS (for a part I wouldn't have used anyway). :)

so I'll have to say that people's experiences have been mixed, with Best
Buy. on the whole tho; I'll still say they're too big for our own good. :)

Carl Soderstrom
System Administrator    307 Brighton Ave.
Minnesota DHIA	        Buffalo, MN
carls@agritech.com      (612) 682-1091