Re: [TCLUG:13662] [OT] E-Mail formatting..

On Wed, Feb 16, 2000 at 01:58:03PM -0600, Mike Hicks wrote:
> This is kind of off-topic, but it involves e-mail formatting..
> something I've been getting annoyed at lately.
>
> Riddle me this, Batman:
>
> Some mailers will wrap text at 72 characters.  Others at 80.  Yahoo!'s
> web mail wraps at somewhere around 40 (Grr!!).  One of the newer
> trends is to have mail that doesn't wrap at all..  Before Netscape
> 4.5+, I had to scroll my messages left to right to be able to read a
> line of text (actually, it's a paragraph...)
>
> Has anyone seen a good replacement for using straight ASCII for mail?
> HTML kinda works, but it doesn't usually play all that nice with Pine
> and Mutt (or does it?).

	*grin*  Actually, I added this entry to $HOME/.mailcap

text/html;/usr/bin/lynx -force_html %s

	and now HTML works just fine under for me under mutt.  I did
this because I started use wget to auto-download my SETI@Home stats and
e-mail them to me.  :-)

*grin*,
--
Its name is Public Opinion.  It is held in reverence. It settles everything.
Some think it is the voice of God.  Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet

PGP signature