Re: [TCLUG:13660] Tradeoff between Linux vs Solaris (et.al.)

  Hi,

On Wed, 16 Feb 2000, Bob Tanner wrote:

> So, I'll put my money where my mouth is, Linux is perfect solution for running
> mission-critical servers for Real Time.

Being your own boss kicks butt, eh?

Right here I can show people that the Linux boxen have been up for 340
days whilst the Solaris boxes die randomly till I'm blue in the face, and
we'll still go with Solaris.

Linux on Legacy Sun Hardware is excellent. But they still want Solaris
2.5.1 on them rather than a NEW version of UNIX.

-Yaron