Re: [TCLUG:13668] anyone use Gnucash

On Thu, 17 Feb 2000, Eric M. Hopper wrote:

> 	I've given up on Gnucash because of all of the extraneous
> dependencies.  I've decided to use a non-free program called
> 'Moneydance' (http://seanreilly.com/java).  It's downloadable over the
> web and is only $30.  It's written in Java.  It doesn't seem to work
> with Kaffe, but it works with IBMs JDK 1.1.8.

I also had a lag switching from Quicken.  I settled on cbb, because it
imports Quicken files, and then is just awfully simple.  Half the time I
haven't even bothered with reports -- I just grep the datafile when I need
a list of expenses.  Perl or a moron script can total for me, when I can't
just do it locally (in the head.)

Now, what the Linux world *really* needs is for Intuit to port Quicken and
Quickbooks over.  They should not be too hard to do, because really
they're fairly simple apps, especially if one is willing to overlook some
of the bloaty new features.

Phil M

--
Life is complex: