RE: [TCLUG:13690] [OT] @$%@%^ University! @#$@% PeopleSoft!!

	[Schlough, Mark]
	I know you're being fecicious and I agree that it's obsene what they
are paying for that.

	However, I don't think that MySQL could cut it either.  It is only
suitable for an essentially read-only system.  Since MySQL uses table level
locking, the database would not be able to handle that many users at a time.
Another database that supports row-level locking would be the way to go.

	who knows, maybe their crud doesn't have row-level locking either
and that's why it's dying....

	Wonder what the hell is really going on.

	Mark