Re: [TCLUG:13696] Oracle Ports

It is whatever you want to use.  If I remember right, on Linux, it
uses 1521 in the default network config.  But I suggest NOT using the default,
since that an easy one to guess for hackers looking for a free db connection.
Just choose any open port above the standard Unix ones.

Quoting Jonathan Kline (jonathankl@sabis.org):