Squid vs Browser cache

I set the Browser's (Netscape) to 0, but it looks like Squid is
not cacheing. The ppp0 interface, shows inbound traffic
each time I visit a site. This is not the first time I am going to that
site. I go to the site back and forth to test, and ppp0 shows inbound
traffic. What flags in Squid.conf, should I look for? How do I configure
squid to update the DB every 15 minutes instead of every hour?

The squid access log show the following:

950966673.946    501 127.0.0.1 TCP_MISS/301 530 GET http://pws.prserv.net/truemax root DIRECT/pws.prserv.net text/html
950966675.095   1098 127.0.0.1 TCP_MISS/200 4680 GET http://32.97.166.75/truemax/ root DIRECT/32.97.166.75 text/html

The squid store log show the following:

950966673.946 RELEASE FFFFFFFF  301 950966342        -1        -1 text/html -1/300 GET http://pws.prserv.net/truemax
950966675.095 RELEASE FFFFFFFF  200 950966239        -1        -1 text/html -1/4505 GET http://32.97.166.75/truemax/

The above pages are static. But it appears that Squid is downloading it again on revisits.

Thank you in advance.

Subba Rao
subb3@attglobal.net
http://pws.prserv.net/truemax/

 => Time is relative. Here is a new way to look at time. <=
http://www.smcinnovations.com