Re: [TCLUG:13749] x windows

On Sat, 19 Feb 2000, Erick Stohr wrote:

>      xterm -sb -ls -geom 80x25-2+2 -title "shell" &
>      xterm -sb -ls -geom 80x25-2-2 &
>
> -----I added this------------
>      /usr/X11R6/bin/xterm

All you're missing is the trailing ampersand (&), which you do need. That
tells the shell to run the xterm (or whatever other program you want) to
run in the background, and to let the shell continue running. Other wise
it's going to hang at that point.

Also, I noticed in your example that you had the ampersand for some other
programs on a different line, after the program itself was named. My guess
is that might also be causing you trouble. If you need to have a command
cross multiple lines, use a backslash, like so:

===
/usr/bin/myprog \
-some-option \
-something-else &