Re: [TCLUG:13808] Newbie RH6.1 install

Hello again:

{more gratuitous text reduction}

>>1. what type of computer? ASUS board with AMD K2-400
>>3. how big is your hard drive? 8.2gig
>>4. what type (SCSI / IDE) hard drive? IDE
>>5. is your hard drive master / slave / primary / secondary?
>MASTER it is the only drive except for CDrom

So the hard drive is the primary master, and the CDROM is the
primary slave?  I am curious because usually when I have seen
errors like the one in your first message, it has been some
problem with the BIOS or the hard drive jumpering setup.

>>6. what is your partition scheme? I tried to go simple but
>>hopefully adjustable later
>
> device boot   start/end   blocks   id     system
> hda/tmp/4    1-1027    8249346  5   extended
> hda/tmp/5     1-12         96327     82  linux swap
> hda/tmp/6      13-1027  8152956 83 linux

OK, this should work.  I would double check the CDROM and HDD
to be certain they're not interfering, and check the BIOS to
see if it can detect the drives too.

Any suggestions, others?