monitor refresh rates

Yes, this is still related to my graphics problem.  I should have named the
damn box badpenny.  :P

My mother has the same model Toshiba laptop.  (They're twins!  Well, were
twins.)  Is there any way I can yank useful information off it to help me
configure X on my laptop?  I checked its Display settings (yes, it's a
Windows box) and it only lists three rates under the monitor tab.  It calls
it a Plug and Play monitor, which makes sense, I guess, cause it's the
screen, and the rates are Optimal, Adapter Default, and 60.  Currently,
it's running at 800 X 600 16bpp.

I'm sorry to keep bugging you guys, but you're the only resource I've got
right now.

Katie
harrisk3@worldnet.att.net