RE: [TCLUG:13873] Hostnames...

Hostnames are the one opportunity you have to show off your erudition or
lack thereof.  You can almost always guess the type of person a systems
administrator is by what e names the hosts in es domain.

There are millions of names in our cultural discourse.  Chose one on the
fringe that has some special meaning to you, or better yet, dig deep to find
a name particularly appropriate for the task.

For instance, I've had a network monitoring server named Heimdahl.
A oracle test platform named Pythian.
A public document server named Publius.
And if you try hard, you can probably guess what Arachnae and Cerberus did.

One of the cleverest names for a piece of software I know is that of the
email program Eudora (for those of you that don't know, it's from Eudora
Welty's "Why I live at the post office").

Show off your cultural literacy.

Jer