Re: [TCLUG:13828] cheap networking hardware

>>$5 laptop anyone? :) 8088s are great for nostalgia value... :)
>    ^^^^^^
>
>I like this:
>Length      Width        Height             Ship Wt
> 16.0"       19.0"         9.0"              35.0 lb
        I believe that includes the box they ship it in.
        probably $20 or more for shipping. ;>

>True computing power is measured in raw girth
        bragging rights certainly seem to run that way. I know someone who
has an old TI mainframe that he uses for a nightstand. ;>
        (he has all the parts for it... except for the fiber-optic connector
which sends information to the monitor/keyboard/mouse... since he got the
whole thing for free, he's a bit unwilling to invest much money in it.)

Carl Soderstrom