Re: [TCLUG:13828] cheap networking hardware

Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom wrote:

> >>$5 laptop anyone? :) 8088s are great for nostalgia value... :)
> >    ^^^^^^
> >
> >I like this:
> >Length      Width        Height             Ship Wt
> > 16.0"       19.0"         9.0"              35.0 lb
>         I believe that includes the box they ship it in.
>         probably $20 or more for shipping. ;>
>
> >True computing power is measured in raw girth
>         bragging rights certainly seem to run that way. I know someone who
> has an old TI mainframe that he uses for a nightstand. ;>
>         (he has all the parts for it... except for the fiber-optic connector
> which sends information to the monitor/keyboard/mouse... since he got the
> whole thing for free, he's a bit unwilling to invest much money in it.)

That's like the picture I once saw where a DEC employee took an old VAX
and made it into a bar.  They showed him and his bar when it was on
display at a DEC User Group Conferance.

--
Perry Hoekstra
Talent Software Services

A person who smiles in the face of adversity... probably has a scapegoat