Re: [TCLUG:13966] Huzzah Aureal!

>Buy the SB Live! instead - at least with that, the drivers are
>open source.  Aureal has closed sourced drivers with a C
>wrapper.  Not good.
        I bought an SB16 PCI board for my parents (Caldera 2.3 box). works
great. COAS recognized it and made it work without too much poking along.
        I kind of miss the physical volume wheel on my circa-1992 SB16-Pro
board, tho. :)
        definitely miss the CD-ROM interface on it! I've been CD-drive-less
since my sound board went belly-up a month or two ago. haven't really felt
like springing for another drive [the existing Mitsumi 2x isn't a normal IDE
drive; I hear it's actually SCSI, but uses an IDE cable], and an IDE
controller board [since both my onboard controllers are full of hard drives].

anyone got a working CD-ROM drive and controller board they're willing to
sell cheap?

Carl Soderstrom
System Administrator    307 Brighton Ave.
Minnesota DHIA	        Buffalo, MN
carls@agritech.com      (612) 682-1091