Re: [TCLUG:13966] Huzzah Aureal!

Nick.T.Reinking@supervalu.com wrote:

> Yeah, but the SBLive! has Digital DIN, S/PDIF, RCA,
> 2x 1/8" miniplug connectors, so I'm not too impressed
> by the optical out.  S/PDIF sounds the same as far as
> I can tell, and the support is there for it *now*, not "sometime
> in the near future"...

However, the optical connection may be better in certain circumstances.
I have a friend down the hall who has an SBLive! card and uses the
miniplug S/PIDF connector.  Every so often, the sound will cut out for a
second (A relay either in his refrigerator or in his radiator causes a
power dip or something).

If you have trouble with static electricity or power stability in your
room, the optical connection would probably be better..

--
 _  _  _  _ _  ___    _ _  _  ___ _ _  __   Protect Your Rights:
/ \/ \(_)| ' // ._\  / - \(_)/ ./| ' /(__   http://gnu.org/philosophy/