Re: [TCLUG:13966] Huzzah Aureal!

> Everyone bitched and moaned when creative released a closed source driver
> that was crap.  This persisted for months.  I told them that eventually it
> will come.  Wait.  Dont discurage companies by being like this.
>
> Now the same comes up with Aureal and every is doing what?  Bitching and
> moaning.
>
> Get Real.  This isn't 'the way' to nudge companies into GPL.

Yes, time and time again this is the way its happened. Of the top of my
head, Neomagic. Creative. 3dfx. Who else? Now Aureal. Why argue with
history...

Good things come to those who have some patience. ;)

Actually, I bought an Aureal card rather than a live, because they
seemed more likely to get Linux drivers out than Creative... Was a
little worried when Creative out of no where released some drivers for
the Live...

But now they're even planning on getting A3D going on Linux. Will we be
seeing EAX under Linux? Mwahaha...