Re: [TCLUG:11875] Old hardware sources?

        sorry about the slow reply, it's been hectic here at work (1st of
the month stuff).
>I'm looking to find some old unwanted hardware:
>
>Either one (or more) dumb terminals or
>an ancient laptop -- doesn't need a hardrive, even!
        here at work it looks like we have about three large baskets full of
junked laptops.
        they're mainly IBMs (286's and 486's), and some Zenith Z-Stars
(utter crap 286s, I think). there might even be an IBM PS/2 L40  in there
somewhere.
        problems range from broken screens, to bad power connections, to
flaky power management. I think the HDDs have been stripped out of a lot of
them; maybe the floppy drives as well. you'd have to poke through the pile
to see.
        they've all been in cattle barns, and they do smell like it. :)

        they're mostly crap; but there might be a few usable ones there, if
you just wanted to make serial terms out of them. I haven't had time or
inclination to really muck with any of them myself. (and serial terminals
under Linux are completely unknown technologies to me).

if anyone is interested, come here to Buffalo and I'll help you sort through
them. :)

Carl Soderstrom
System Administrator	307 Brighton Ave.
Minnesota DHIA		Buffalo, MN