Re: [TCLUG:11935] version numbers

On Thu, 6 Jan 2000, Scott Dier - dieman wrote:

> Ugh. the fact it shows up in a uname irks me.

I actually like using the extended kernel version numbers (even without
using RPM's, edit the main Makefile), because it allows you to have
multipl versions of the same kernel without module problems. Ie, you can
have two different 2.2.13 kernels for testing purposes, 2.2.13-test1 and
2.2.13-test2, and the modules will be nicely placed in
/lib/modules/2.2.13-test[12]. It's great!  No more module conflicts. :)

--
Nate Carlson <carlson@real-time.com>    | Phone : (612)943-8700