Re: [TCLUG:11979] irc

>     I had one running on ossuary.net for awhile, never did
>get to find out what that little p60 could handle however.
>Was kinda nifty at the time, but it's probably just easier
>to use efnet.
        what do most of the big IRC servers run on? (hw/sw/apps)?
        I know I've seen one Linux box (on Dalnet? or maybe Undernet); but I
hear (it was a ZD source, so I don't know about it's reliability) they
mostly run FreeBSD.
        I'm all in favor of having a LUG irc server; tho. just one box. that
way we don't have to contend with net splits and lag. if multiple LUGs want
to use it; cool. it can be a serious resource for the community.

Carl Soderstrom
System Administrator	307 Brighton Ave.
Minnesota DHIA		Buffalo, MN
carls@agritech.com	(612) 682-1091