Re: [TCLUG:12038] killing a dead process

On Mon, 10 Jan 2000, Jon Schewe wrote:

> >From the ps manpage
>   PROCESS STATE CODES
>        D   uninterruptible sleep (usually IO)
>        R   runnable (on run queue)
>        S   sleeping
>        T   traced or stopped
>        Z   a defunct ("zombie") process
> kill -9 will kill processes, but since it's in IO you have to wait till
> it wakes up.

Unfortunately, it has been in IO for a number of hours now. I think it's
quite dead. I think having that process sitting there is messing up my
Zope server. Is this a situation where I need to reboot to get rid of it?

-Tim

--
Timothy Wilson       | "The faster you  |  Check out:
Henry Sibley H.S.    |  go, the shorter | http://slashdot.org/