Re: [TCLUG:12038] killing a dead process

On Mon, Jan 10, 2000 at 07:28:03AM -0600, Timothy Wilson wrote:

> Unfortunately, it has been in IO for a number of hours now.  I think
> it's quite dead.  I think having that process sitting there is messing
> up my Zope server.  Is this a situation where I need to reboot to get
> rid of it?

	I'm curious as to what process it is.  I don't know why there
should be an uninterruptible IO state.  It indicates some kind of bug
that a process gets into one and doesn't get out.  I'm guessing it's a
bug in a device driver.  Knowing what process it was might help to
figure out which driver it is.

Have fun (if at all possible),
--
Its name is Public Opinion.  It is held in reverence. It settles everything.
Some think it is the voice of God.  Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet

PGP signature