Re: [TCLUG:12102] Apache Question

Dave Erickson wrote:

> How do I enable a /cgi-bin/ for each user?
>
> I tried changing the ScriptAlias to point to "/home/*/www/cgi-bin" so
> that the folder "www/cgi-bin" in each users home directory would allow
> CGI but no joy.

You need to add a Directory command though you can probably set this up
so you don't need to make one for each user.
<Directory "/whatever/the/directory/is">
    Options ExecCGI
     Order allow,deny
      Allow from all
</Directory>

and you also need an
AddHandler cgi-script .pl (or whatever endings your cgi have)

Actually you might be able to get away with the ScriptAlias and the
AddHandler and not have to use the Directory to turn on ExecCGI

You should also know it's a security hole.  Anything that user can see on
the box they can make accessible to the web regardless of if your ftp
program chroots them to their home directory or not.  They can also
provide unchrooted shell access to the box.

Hope this helps,

Eric