RE: [TCLUG:12143] hello

> Seriously tho, I've seen only a total of three other women besides
> myself at the meetings. Amy included. Its frustrating that
> there aren't
> more women involved with linux. Even in this day in age, its an odd
> place to be in society; a woman who is "geeky". Kinda weird
> *shrug*, but
> thats a whole other topic.
I'm here because I want to learn more about computers than what Microsoft
lets me.  I understand Windows--it's buggy, yet easy to manage and
troubleshoot--but I'm quite aware that there's more to life than Winxx.  As
my confidence with Windows has grown, I've wanted a bigger challenge,
something that requires me to learn lots of things.  So here I am.

Katie