Re: [TCLUG:12209] Sisyphus (was: [Re:hello])

On Wed, 12 Jan 2000, Christopher Palmer wrote:

> Alas, all I've illustrated is that I am a loudmouthed idiot. Such are the
> breaks.

No, you can't take credit for my idiocy that way!

I wanted to run Tomsrtbt on it (I forget who turned me on to that -- was
it Carl?), but you warned me about the pre 2.0 thing with that
keyboard.  So I started messing with it, because I realized that I really
didn't even want a whole distro on board -- just the kernel and enough to
run vi and minicom.

Anyway, it's been tons of fun, and I've learned more about linux than I
had in the last year.  If I'm not careful, I'll end up doing embedded
systems work without realizing it!

> There must be a Slackware 96 floppy set somewhere. That's what I had on
> it, iirc.

I may try, but at this point, it's become a point of pride!  Besides, what
better way to get up on libraries and compilers than to try and put
together a bunch of obsolete software?  For my money, this is a test of
how good the whole "open" concept is -- if the old stuff can be done, it's
better than the planned obsolesence of the commercial software regime.

And if I get really bold, I'll rewrite the keyboard handler so I can
compile a 2.x kernel with that funky keyboard....<SHUUH!  As if!>

Phil M.

--
Life is complex:
It has real and imaginary components.