Experimentfest (was: Re: Sisyphus)

Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom said:
>         maybe we should have an "experimentfest" sometime. people bring
> their computer problems (install probelms, compiling code problems, software
> experiments [!]), and we collaborate on fixing them. kind of like an
> installfest; but more advanced. I know this is the sort of thing that tends
> to be rather time-consuming;

Sounds like a great idea to me...  As for the time-consuming part, don't
forget about Loki's Civ:CTP hack session.  They put (IIRC) 16 people into a
room with computers, gave them the source to Civ:CTP (which they'd never
seen before), and waited (again, IIRC) 48 hours to see what patches would
result.

> but it really helps if you can bounce ideas off
> people instantly, rather than have to write mails after banging your head
> against -Wall for a while. ;>

Boo!

--
Geek Code 3.1:  GCS d- s+: a- C++ UL++$ P+>+++ L++>++++ E- W--(++) N+ o+ !K
w---$ O M- !V PS+ PE Y+ PGP t 5++ X+ R++ tv- b++ DI++++ D G e* h+ r++ y+