Re: [TCLUG:12143] hello [SuSE]

bliss wrote:

> i don't seem to have that trouble;
> the only thing i can think of to check would be your timeout variable; mine
> is set to 60 [seconds] (i'm sure yours is to :(
> another option that might work is setting the IP instead of the name, that
> might do it, i don't know just an option.
> I'd like to know if and when you figure that one out.

Yeah, I've tried that.  I always run with the IP right now and it's
dying WAY before 60 seconds.  I've got a 144Kbps connection to the net
so it isn't that.  I'll start installing packages and then it'll just
decide to give up on a bunch and I have to go give them a try again.

Besides that and the updates not getting installed automatically, which
RedHat doesn't do either, SuSE's great.  YaST is really nice for
configuring things.
--
Jon Schewe
http://eggplant.mtu.net/~jpschewe