Re: [TCLUG:12209] Sisyphus (was: [Re:hello])

>I'm for it. I was muttering about this same thing a while back on IRC,
>and was stymied by the same problem: location. Maybe somewhere at the U?
        personally, I think having it at someone's house would be cool, b/c
then we can stay up all night hacking at stuff and drinking vast quantities
of beer and Dew. ;)
        the advantage to my house is that I do have a guest bedroom and
plenty of crash space. if I *worked* at it (read: cleaned up the computer
parts and assorted impedimentia) I could probably get 6-7 people and their
gear in my living room. more, if they wanted to go down to my workshop in
the basement, or up to the guest bedroom and work on stuff away from the party.
        the downside is, it's you won't be able to download much, or
quickly, over my 31.2K line. :( (unless someone can convince me to set up
ISDN service...)

(on that note: anyone have some ISDN equipment to sell, cheap? the cost is
pretty much what's holding me back from getting it. on the other hand;
running a second phone line and bonded modems would give me nearly the same
performance as 64K ISDN, but I have no clue how to set such a thing up.)

Carl Soderstrom