Re: [TCLUG:12329] Bill Gates

On Thu, 13 Jan 2000, Eric M. Hopper wrote:

> 	I like John Katz.  If he didn't put articles there, there'd just
> be a bunch of geeky techno articles that are all analysis and no
> perspective whatsoever.  Perhaps that's your vision of 'New for Nerds',
> but it's not mine.

     I'm all for perspective, I'd just prefer such articles
were written by someone who had some idea of what they were
talking about.  Having the only person doing this for your
'news for nerds' site be someone who A) had the mboard for
their new linux box eaten by their dog and B) had to send
the entire machine back to the supplier so it could be
replaced is not my ideal candidate for providing perspective
on the world.  Unless by perspective you mean showing how
helpless 95% of the world population is.

Scott, not much of a katz or slashdot fan these days
--
I love you more than anything in this world.
I don't expect that will last.