Re: [TCLUG:12329] Bill Gates

On Thu, Jan 13, 2000 at 05:34:56PM -0600, Scott wrote:

> 	I'm all for perspective, I'd just prefer such articles were
> written by someone who had some idea of what they were talking about.
> Having the only person doing this for your 'news for nerds' site be
> someone who A) had the mboard for their new linux box eaten by their
> dog and B) had to send the entire machine back to the supplier so it
> could be replaced is not my ideal candidate for providing perspective
> on the world.  Unless by perspective you mean showing how helpless 95%
> of the world population is.

	Ahh, so unless you can diagnose problems in complicated
electronic gadgets, you're helpless?  Perspective, by necessity comes
from those who have different views of the world than you do.

	I wish they had more columnists who went out and did things like
interview the Disney people, to find out how they _felt_ about what they
do, or summarized the collective pain, rage and frustration of hundreds
of dispossessed kids.

Have fun (if at all possible),
--
Its name is Public Opinion.  It is held in reverence. It settles everything.
Some think it is the voice of God.  Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet

PGP signature