Re: [TCLUG:12386] Lilo troubles.

On Fri, 14 Jan 2000, Adam Maloney wrote:

> Does the bios in the 486 support the size drive you're using?
> Some older BIOS' don't like drives bigger than xxx

     I'm willing to bet that's the problem.  My p60 doesn't
like my 8.4 or 5.4 gig, but 1.2 works fine.  If that 486 is
old enough it might even suffer from the 540mb barrier.
Sometimes you can trick the bios by adjusting the heads &
sectors.

Scott
--
I love you more than anything in this world.
I don't expect that will last.