Re: [TCLUG:12691] Connection speed

>You can drop your internet connection, open up minicom and dial your
>ISP's phone number, then check the speed:
        but how do you check a 'live' connection you made with wvdial or the
like? I can tell when I make a 14400 connection, because it doesn't sound
right when it connects; but what if I set up a script to autodial at a given
time (grab news at midnight or the like), and I wanted to make sure it was
connecting at a decent speed (and automatically disconnect and retry if it
wasn't)?

thanks,
Carl Soderstrom
System Administrator	307 Brighton Ave.