bad computer day II

Hi everyone,

I walked into school this morning and found that all of my Windows
computers were complaining about losing their DHCP leases. Probably not a
big deal, I thought. I walked back to the server room and found that I
couldn't get a console on my server. It wouldn't get past asking for my
username. After determining that the machine was pretty well locked up, I
had to reboot.

Upon rebooting, I was presented with the following:

--snip--
Warning: unable to open an initial console.
Kernel panic: No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel
--snip--

Booting from my trusty boot floppy produced the same message.

I couldn't find any mention of an 'init=' option in the lilo docs. Can
anybody help here?

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson        | Visit Sibley online:         | Check out:
Henry Sibley H.S. | http://www.isd197.k12.mn.us/ | http://www.zope.org/