Re: [TCLUG:12774] bad computer day II

Your initial syntax was correct.  It looks like you're unable to load the
device form which the root filesystem is loaded.  A quick and dirty fix
would be to hit up a slakware boot floppy that has support for whatever
driver isn't being loaded at boot time.  That should be enough to get you
up and running.  Most other drivers probably won't load because of a
kernel version mismatch, but you'll at least be able to attempt to recover
the system.

Peter Lukas