Re: [TCLUG:12774] bad computer day II

On Mon, 24 Jan 2000, Troy Johnson wrote:

> Could we get some hard disk and other general configuration information
> for this box and more (if not all) of the boot messages? Even if we
> cannot help, it may jog your memory for details regarding the problem
> and possible solutions. I feel your pain and hope for a quick cure,

The system had been running for a couple months before this morning with
no problems. I hadn't compiled a new kernel or anything. It's a pretty
ordinary RedHat 6.0 system. I recall an update being available for the
initscripts package, and I'm pretty sure I installed it.

The HD is a Quantum Viking II (4.5 GB SCSI) and the controller is an
on-board Adaptec using the AIC-7880 chip. Again, nothing had changed
before this morning.

I think I'm going to try Peter's suggestion of trying to get in with a
Slackware floppy. Can I D/L one from the Slackware site? I've never used
Slackware so I'll have to improvise. Wish me luck.

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson        | Visit Sibley online:         | Check out:
Henry Sibley H.S. | http://www.isd197.k12.mn.us/ | http://www.zope.org/