Re: [TCLUG:12874] VPN (was Re: [TCLUG:12807] bad day (more details))

Nate Carlson <natecars@real-time.com> writes:

> On Tue, 25 Jan 2000, ^chewie wrote:
>
> > Has anyone considered a Virtual Private Network for remote access to a
> > LAN?  There are a couple options out there for the Linux world: VPN over
> > SSH and Pppd (kludgy, but useable)[1], VPN with FreeS/WAN (a more elegant
> > implementation of IPSEC and IKE)[2], and VPN with Vtun (involves an
> > additional Kernel module, but much nicer than Ssh and Pppd)[3].
> >
> > [1] VPN-mini-HOWTO (http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/VPN.html)
> > [2] FreeS/WAN (http://www.xs4all.nl/~freeswan/)
> > [3] VTUNnel (http://vtun.netpedia.net/)
> >

> Don't forget PoPToP + the pptp client.

You know I'm trying to use that to connect to a windows machine and it
finally connects after about 3 months of fiddiling, but it still doesn't
want to let packets through quite right, particularly web traffic.

--
Jon Schewe
jpschewe@eggplant.mtu.net