GNOME

Hi... Im kinda a newbie to linux, but anyway.

I have Caldera OpenLinux 2.3 which you all know comes with KDE.. anyway I
wanted to install GNOME... I have been able to successfully install KxICQ and a
few other programs from tarballs so I figured I would try the same with
GNOME... well my problem is with glib... I installed glib-1.2.6, and when I
tried to install gtk+-1.2.6 it told me that it found glib-1.2.3, the end notes
told me that the easiest way to solve this problem was to un-install the old
version.. there were a few other options but I dont remember them... could
someone help me with this.
This email was sent through umailme.com (http://umailme.com)
Use ANY POP email address through your browser!