Re: [TCLUG:12948] Remote X Server (VNC)

Scott Fritche wrote:
>sp> VNC is awesome! Thanks to the 8-bit mode, I am able to control my
>sp> parents Win98 machine over my 56K connection !
>And it's quite usable at low bitrates.
        I beg to differ on that one. ;> running it over a 28.8 dialup can be
kindly described as a "gradual" process. :)
        of course for you Scott, 'low bitrate' is your 256K DSL line, right? :)
        even over a 10b-T connection, playing xbill has some extra
difficulty... you need to 'lead' bill a bit when squashing him. :)

        admittedly, I haven't tried running it over SSH; and I hear that
helps a lot. :)

Carl Soderstrom
System Administrator    307 Brighton Ave.
Minnesota DHIA	        Buffalo, MN
carls@agritech.com      (612) 682-1091