Re: [TCLUG:13004] AP Comp. Sci.

I think you have a lot of really good ideas, Tim.  However, I disagree
with your choice as a first language.  Yes, Python is a great language,
easy to understand, and easy to write for.  However, I feel that Java would
probably be a better choice for a beginner to learn.  I think that being
somewhat
"C++ish", but without some of the stupidities of C++ would help students be
able to pick up a C++ book and catch up on those few differences fairly
quickly.

Just my two bits...

Nick Reinking

wilson@visi.com, on 01/28/2000 10:20:37 AM