Re: [TCLUG:13013] Mozilla M13

I tried the MacOS 8.5 binary on my iMac and I was kind of unimpressed.
It suffers from the same bugs as you point out, but I think most
of that is nitpicking being the progress between milestones has been
huge recently.

Since it does use it's own toolkit, all MacOS users are likely
to switch to IE 5.x when released.  I can't see MacOS users using
a program that has Windows controls and doesn't even try to match
the current theme.

The same can be said on Linux, though we are all so used to having
ugly applications it doesn't matter - we will use it anyway.

It is in theory possible, however, to embed the Mozilla page widget
into another toolkit, such as GTK+, so that you could write a simpler
browser with all the backend support of Mozilla.  This may be what
the GNOME project does for a long-term help browser for example.

-Shawn

--
Shawn T. Amundson                       amundson@eventloop.com
Research and Development                http://www.eventloop.com/

"The assumption that the universe looks the same in every
 direction is clearly not true in reality." - Stephen Hawking