Re: Local Media and DVD Stuff..

> I apologize in advance if people are getting annoyed at me talking about
> this or anything else lately..  For some reason, the whole DVD mess has
> caused me to write more e-mail than normal.  However, I'm interested if
> anyone is interested in presenting some information about this story to
> the news media in the area, to put some real information into the
> traditional media

Well if you'd like, I could probably put you in contact with a few
reporter types from the Minnesota Daily (U of M's newspaper).
Many (not all) of them are pretty clueless about computers
though...

Many computer-related stories are pretty butchered by the
reporters here, but in this case maybe the local techie types could
help get something published. In fact I'm almost positive that I
could get something published in the "Daily Bytes" for you.
(http://www.mndaily.com/bytes/ -the online-only part of the Daily).

A nice big fat letter to the editor also has a good chance of getting
published.

> (I'd almost advocate hijacking the AP wire in this case..)
I have connections (no pun intended) in that area too ;)

Sorry I'm a little slow replying to this. I'm on the digest, because I
jsut can't handle Novell's "new message" pop up window constantly
annoying me.

>  _  _  _  _ _  ___    _ _  _  ___ _ _  __ High score: 2,814,794,693
>  [ Mike Hicks | http://umn.edu/~hick0088/ | mailto:hick0088@umn.edu ]

Hehehehe... That is like my score when I play Quake :)

-----
Benjamin Exley
Systems Analyst
Minnesota Daily