Re: [TCLUG:13058] PHP and Java

On Fri, 28 Jan 2000, Bob Tanner wrote:

> Is there a way for PHP to make calls into JavaBeans.
>
> Kind of like JSP, but using PHP :-)

This may be possible, I'm not sure -- I don't know how JavaBeans actually
work. You might want to look at the passthru function:
http://www.php.net/manual/function.passthru.php3

Also, a good place to look for answers is the searchable PHP4beta mailing
list at: http://www.progressive-comp.com/Lists/?l=php4beta&r=1&w=2 (you
might also want to check the standard php3 list).

This would be an interesting thing to make work, though. JSP must be
compiled right? If PHP was able to access JavaBeans while remaining
interpreted, that would be a major scripting victory...

Luke