Re: [TCLUG:13095] Aureal's Soundcard Drivers

On Sun, 30 Jan 2000, Ben Beuchler wrote:

> > Can't wait 'till ReiserFS gets stable. Sub-second fsck's. *DROOL*
>
> I'm not familiar with that fs.  Is it the same as the fabled "ext3"?

No, they're rivals. They have similar features (mainly journaling). Iirc,
Linus thinks ext3 is closer to being ready, but niether are going to make
it into 2.4. This is from my memory of Kernel Traffic #52; I might be
mis-remembering.

http://kt.linuxcare.com/kt20000124_52.html#1

--
Christopher Reid Palmer : http://www.innerfireworks.com/