Re: [TCLUG:13095] Aureal's Soundcard Drivers

On Sun, Jan 30, 2000 at 02:46:44AM -0600, Ben Beuchler wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Jan 2000, Nate Carlson wrote:
>
> > Can't wait 'till ReiserFS gets stable. Sub-second fsck's. *DROOL*
>
> I'm not familiar with that fs.  Is it the same as the fabled "ext3"?

	From what I can tell, ResierFS is as muh a competitor to ext3 as
ext2 is to FAT32.  ReiserFS is pushing some very interesting and novel
concepts in filesystem design.

	Some of these ideas make tiny files much more time and space
efficient that they have been in the past.  This is an encouragement for
programs that use files to store structured data to open up more of that
structure to the filesystem.

	I would much rather have ReiserFS than any of the other new
filesystems for Linux.  I've also heard a rumor from someone who works
at Veritas that XFS will never make it to Linux because it includes
Veritas code.

Have fun (if at all possible),
--
Its name is Public Opinion.  It is held in reverence. It settles everything.
Some think it is the voice of God.  Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet

PGP signature